Does your VIZIO Sound Bar keeps turning off automatically?
Don’t worry, you are not alone here (Source: Reddit). When you transmit sound from any device to your Vizio’s Soundbar, you will always want to listen to it uninterrupted.
However, the soundbar may fail to reply because it shuts itself off.
I understand how frustrating this scenario might be, but the good news is that you can resolve it without breaking your head 🙂. Let’s dive deep into facts and solutions:
Table Of Contents
- 🤔 Why Does VIZIO Sound Bar Keeps Turning Off Automatically?
- 👥 Here’s what one Reddit user had to say about it:
- 🙄How Do I Prevent My Vizio Sound Bar from Turning Off on Its Own?
- 😉Method 1: Reset Your Vizio Soundbar
- ♻️ Method 2: Reset the Environmental Settings
- 🔥Method 3: Download and Install a Firmware Update
- 🤭Method 4: Change The Remote
- 🤝 Method 5: Replace the VIZIO subwoofer with your VIZIO Soundbar
- ⚡Method 6: Plugging into Right Audio Out Port Behind The TV
- 🧿Method 7: Double-check that the Sound Bar is set to the correct input.
- 😶Why Does My Vizio Soundbar Continue To Turn Off Even After I Reset It?
- 🤓FAQs About The VIZIO Sound Bar
🤔 Why Does VIZIO Sound Bar Keeps Turning Off Automatically?
Your sound may be cut off automatically for a variety of reasons. Check out some of them here.
- You haven’t reset the device.
- You are using an old version of the firmware.
- You are not using a Vizio remote control.
- There are some Eco setting problems.
Users can stream sound or music from Bluetooth-enabled tablets, smartphones, and PCs to the Vizio soundbar.
It would be best if you stayed within the soundbar’s range after pairing the source device.
Also Read: Love Soundbar Comparison? Here’s the epic standoff between Sonos and Bose Soundbars 
To avoid harming your ears, always turn down the volume settings on your source device and soundbar before pushing the play button.
👥 Here’s what one Reddit user had to say about it:
“I have the same problem with my VIZIO SB3651-E6 soundbar. It appears that after an hour or two of viewing TV with no changes to the volume level, it simply shuts down. This model includes a remote, and I ensured that the ECO mode was turned off on mine. It still happens after long periods of viewing. I hadn’t checked to see whether there was a firmware upgrade available. I guess I’ll have to give it a shot as well.”
Want to dig in further? Here's the full reddit thread!
🙄How Do I Prevent My Vizio Sound Bar from Turning Off on Its Own?
First things first: The reason behind the automated shutting off of Vizio’s Soundbar can be a bit complicated.
However, this guide has come to your rescue! Refer to this table and follow the detailed steps that follow:
|Solutions||Factory Reset||Eco-setting turning off||Installing firmware||Using new remote||Replacing vizio subwoofer||Plugging into right audio out port||Inserting into the right input port.|
|Time needed||5 minutes||2 minutes||Upto 30 minutes||Depends on availability.||Depends on availability.||5 minutes||5 minutes|
|Prior Knowledge.||Ability to follow steps||Able to navigate to eco-settings||Prior knowledge of installing firmware will be a plus point.||No||Subwoofer pairing skill||Plugging in the right output source is a must.||Plugging in the right input source is a must.|
* Only the subwoofer issue will be resolved.** Only the subwoofer issue will be resolved.*** Only the input source issue will be resolved.
😉Method 1: Reset Your Vizio Soundbar
Several common issues can be resolved by resetting the soundbar. It does, however, remove every detail in the soundbar, including Bluetooth pairings. As a result, you will need to factory reset it.
Follow these steps to reset your soundbar:
Also Read: How To Reset Samsung Soundbar Without Breaking Your Head [2022 Updated]
- Press the menu button on your remote control.
- Navigate to factory Reset No. using the up and down arrows.
- Click the next button to select “Reset Yes,” then press the Play button.
- Verification If “yes” is displayed, click the play button to allow the resetting to proceed.
The factory reset is complete when the LED lights on the soundbar display flash three times.
Also Read: Soundbars are fine, but how to set up the entire home theater system? Here’s how.
Using the Bluetooth and volume down buttons, reset the device.
You may also use your Bluetooth and the volume buttons to reset the soundbar. To do so correctly, take the following steps:
- Navigate to the menu on your Vizio soundbar, then locate the volume down button.
- On the control panel, look for the Bluetooth button.
- Press and hold the two buttons simultaneously for around 5 seconds.
To indicate that the factory reset is complete, the LED lights on the soundbar display will flash three times.
Here's the Vizio Sound Manual PDF For User Model SB36512-F6.
♻️ Method 2: Reset the Environmental Settings
When the eco audio setting is turned on or off, the soundbar will power off automatically if no audio cable signal is detected. So, if you don’t want it to turn off, you can turn it off.
To access the eco power button options, use your remote to hit the next or previous. Then, disable the eco settings.
Also Read: Vizio Soundbar Bluetooth Pairing Not Working Troubleshooting [Updated]
🔥Method 3: Download and Install a Firmware Update
As long as the Vizio’s Soundbar is connected to the Internet via the Smart Cast mobile app, any new updates are instantly downloaded.
Also Read: Want To Sing Songs But Can’t Decide Which One To Choose? We have over 50+ choices just for you!
So, first, download the app on your mobile device and then follow these instructions to connect the soundbar to single/dual-band Wi-Fi.
- Step 1: On your remote, press the Menu button. Using the arrow keys, navigate to the Wi-Fi setup and then choose it using the play/pause button.
- Step 2: Press the Pause/Play button again to confirm your selection. The front LEDs will turn on and off.
- Step 3: Scroll down the app and select “Device Settings.”
- Step 4: Select “Add a new device,” then follow the on-screen directions to complete the configuration.
When you’ve finished connecting the app’s network to the soundbar, follow these steps to update the firmware Vizio.
- Navigate to the settings menu of your mobile app.
- Go to “system,” then “check for updates.”
- If the soundbar requires a firmware update, it will turn off and download and install the update.
- Wait about 30 minutes for the installation to finish. The mobile app and the soundbar’s connection will be lost when the latest firmware is installed on the soundbar.
- It will, however, be restored after the installation is completed. As a result, you will not be concerned if the connection is lost. During the update procedure, do not disconnect the soundbar from the power cord cable supply.
🤭Method 4: Change The Remote
It might also be possible that you’re using a universal remote or another device that isn’t a real soundbar remote? If this is the case, the soundbar will shut down automatically.
While the universal remote may function well, not all its functionalities may be. As a result, Vizio always suggests using an original remote. As a result, to resolve these issues, make sure you use a genuine remote of the soundbar.
🤝 Method 5: Replace the VIZIO subwoofer with your VIZIO Soundbar
Here’s the secret:
A VIZIO subwoofer replacement is the most popular fix among individuals who are experiencing VIZIO subwoofer and soundbar connection problems.
A different subwoofer and soundbar combination is excellent for enjoying the deep bass tones we all know and love for that authentic surround sound, home theater experience.
You can switch from your non-functioning VIZIO system to another subwoofer and listen to uninterrupted music.
⚡Method 6: Plugging into Right Audio Out Port Behind The TV
A TV has numerous distinct sorts of ports, the most of which are inputs (they deliver video and audio ‘In’ to the TV).
You’ll have to plug the soundbar with an output (which sends audio ‘Out’ of the TV). It will be clearly labeled as ‘Audio Out.’
🧿Method 7: Double-check that the Sound Bar is set to the correct input.
Follow these simple steps:
- Turn on the television and watch a show or movie (so audio is played).
- Hold down the ‘Input’ button on your soundbar until the front lights start flashing. It initiates an ‘Auto Input Search.’
- The front-panel lights will flash to indicate that the soundbar is cycling through all inputs to find the one where the TV is hooked.
Also Read: 3 Ways To Connect Vizio Soundbar To Roku TV
😶Why Does My Vizio Soundbar Continue To Turn Off Even After I Reset It?
If you tried any or all of the procedures indicated above, your soundbar should stop turning off automatically. If it does not react, you will need to contact Vizio support service for assistance.
They may help you understand why the problem occurs, because they are the creators. If necessary, they may suggest a hardware repair. If necessary, you may need to explain the nature of the issue you are experiencing in detail; they will fix it.
You can prevent your soundbar from turning off automatically by resetting it. You must also confirm that the firmware is up-to-date. Connecting it to the Internet using the Vizio Smart Cast app on your phone instantly downloads the updates.
🤓FAQs About The VIZIO Sound Bar
Do Vizio soundbars require an update?
Ans: The truth is that your Vizio Soundbar may require updates in the future. They release firmware and software updates regularly, and these updates assist in improving your soundbar’s performance and compatibility and may resolve current issues.
If you do not receive these updates, your soundbar may cease to function abruptly.
How do I keep my Vizio Soundbar up-to-date?
Ans: When a new firmware version is ready, your Vizio’s Soundbar will download it for you automatically. However, your device must be linked to the Internet via the Vizio Smart Cast mobile app.
The Vizio Smart Cast Mobile App updates the Vizio Sound Bar.
To update the firmware to the most recent version, follow the procedures below:
• Navigate to “Settings > System > Check for Updates” in the Vizio Smart Cast mobile app.
• Click “Yes” to confirm that you want to check for updates.
•When an update is available, the soundbar will be turned off. It will automatically download and install the new firmware.
• The update procedure can take up to 30 minutes to complete. Keep in mind that while the update is being deployed, the connection between the Smart Cast app and the soundbar will be lost.
• When finished, the power LED will remain illuminated, and the Smart Cast app connection will be restored.
During the upgrade process, do not manually turn on your soundbar. If the update is interrupted, you must restart the procedure from the beginning.
What’s the Deal with My Vizio Sound Bar Popping?
Ans: Popping noises on your Vizio TV might be annoying in the middle of a movie. Still, they could also be the first indicator of a problem that has to be addressed by a registered Vizio repair shop. The popping noises could be caused by your power outlet button supply, speakers, or INPUT Button.
How do I link my Vizio soundbar to the Internet?
Ans: To connect your Vizio bar to Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
• Use the Vizio Smart Cast Mobile App to connect your Vizio’s Sound Bar to the Wi-Fi router.
• From the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store, download the Vizio Smart Cast mobile app for your phone or tablet.
• Next, activate Wi-Fi Setup Mode on your soundbar by pressing the Menu button on the Sound Bar Remote. Locate the Wi-Fi Setup option by using the arrow keys.
• Next, press the play/pause button to select Wi-Fi Setup.
• Confirm your selection by pressing the Play/Pause button again.
• When in pairing mode, the front LEDs of the soundbar will begin to cycle as an indication.
• On the Vizio Smart Cast app’s home screen, scroll down and tap “Devices Settings.”
• Select “Add New Device” and follow the on-screen setup instructions.
Your soundbar is now Internet-connected.
How Can I Reset My Vizio Sound Bar?
Ans: Hold down the “Inputs” and “Bluetooth” buttons for 5 to 6 seconds. The restart of your Vizio soundbar will take place. If that doesn’t work, move on to the next step.
Hold down the “Inputs” and “Volume Down” keys for another 5 to 6 seconds. Your Vizio’s Soundbar should reboot now. If it doesn’t restart, proceed to the next step.
For 5 to 6 seconds, press and hold the “Inputs” and “Volume Up” buttons. If the first two procedures did not work for your soundbar, try this one.
What are the Vizio sound bar codes?
Ans: The codes for the Vizio’s Sound Bar 5 Digit Remote Control are 31517324543197511144. Some soundbars can be programmed to receive additional IR signals to be controlled.
Incorporate the TV volume IR into the SB. All codes were claimed to be compatible with the Soundbar VSB200, SB3820, VSB201, VHT215, and S3821.
If you’ve been frustrated and wondering, “Why does my VIZIO Sound Bar Keeps Turning Off on its own?” I’m sure this piece has been beneficial to you.
Do leave a comment if it is helpful to you!
Hi! I am a tech enthusiast who loves to write reviews on earphones, headphones, bluetooth speakers, and various other audio devices. I provide the best deals to my readers to help them win their Life called the #NewNormal.
Why does my Vizio sound bar keep turning off by itself? ›
You can turn off this automatic default feature by turning off the VZtv Rmt setting. For some reason, they combined the automatic sound bar turn off with the VIZIO TV remote setting.Why does my sound bar keep turning itself off? ›
If the Sound Bar power turns off automatically after a certain amount of time, the Auto Standby function may be activated. With this function activating, the Sound Bar enters standby mode automatically when you do not operate the Sound Bar while no signal is input for about 15 minutes (or 20 minutes).How do I turn off auto off on my Vizio sound bar? ›
When disabled, the sound bar will remain powered on until you turn it off. To enable/disable this function, Press and Hold the Power ( ) and Volume Down (—) buttons for 5 seconds. Note: Energy Star setting is enabled by default.How do I keep my Vizio sound bar on? ›
see less You need to turn of the energy star setting. One this is off, the unit will stay powered on until you manually power out off. To turn off energy star, go to the the sound bar (not on the remote) and press and hold the power and volume down buttons for 5 seconds.Why is my VIZIO turning on and off? ›
VIZIO TVs use CEC to exchange commands with other devices connected via HDMI. It's possible that a cable box or gaming system is sending a 'Power On' signal to your TV. If this is happening, you can resolve it by pressing the menu key on your VIZIO remote, and chooseing System, then CEC. Turn the CEC setting to off.How do I update my VIZIO sound bar? ›
Once your Sound Bar is connected to the Internet, choose the "Settings" option (looks like a gear), then choose "System", and "Check for Updates". You'll need to press "Yes" to confirm you'd like the check for updates.Why does my soundbar turn off while watching TV? ›
If your input signal volume level is too low, your soundbar might not register it. Your soundbar can shut off without an active signal input from your TV or set-top box to conserve power. Set your input volume to maximum levels, and adjust the volume with the soundbar.How long should a Vizio sound bar last? ›
Soundbars: 6-16 years
A newer amplified soundbar, like a Sonos Arc, should not become obsolete anytime soon, though expect the hardware to operate for up to 7 years before needing a repair or a replacement.
Smart TV's are constantly doing background maintenance and updates through the internet, even when the TV is powered off. This internet signal can cause the sound bar to power on, thinking that it is about to receive and output signal.Is there a reset button on Vizio? ›
Using the VIZIO remote, press the Menu button. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight System and press OK. Highlight Reset & Admin and press OK. Highlight Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK.
What is CEC on Vizio TV? ›
CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) allows for HDMI devices to be controlled with one remote control. If you try to cast to a CEC supported TV while on a different source input (local TV channel, Cable, USB), source input will automatically switch to the HDMI port where the Chromecast is connected.What are the codes for a Vizio sound bar? ›
Unplug the soundbar, the subwoofer, and the rear speakers for 30 seconds, and then plug them back in. Open the SmartThings app on your phone and select the soundbar to access its control menu. Tap the 3 vertical dots in the top right corner of the screen. Navigate to Information > Firmware Update > Update Now.Is there an app for Vizio sound bar? ›
Vizio SmartCast is an app for your smart device, and it's crucial to the process of connecting your Vizio soundbar to your WiFi. Android users can find Vizio SmartCast on the Google Play store, whereas Apple devices can download it from the Apple App Store. This app will help control most of your Soundbar features.How do you keep a soundbar on your TV? ›
- On the back of your TV, look for the HDMI input slot labelled ARC (Audio Return Channel), or eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel).
- On the back of your sound bar, find the TV OUT (ARC) slot.
- Connect both slots with the HDMI cable.
Just like any other speaker, you can damage your soundbar if you leave it on all the time. It can get overheated, pose a fire hazard, and unnecessarily use up energy. While it may seem convenient and harmless to keep your soundbar on all the time, you can shorten the lifetime of your investment, amongst other things.Should soundbar be off TV with sound? ›
A Your TV speakers should be turned all the way down or off when you use a separate sound system such as a soundbar. Using them with the soundbar may cause echoes and the TV speakers do nothing to improve the sound. Look at your TV's audio menu. If you can, turn the TV speakers off completely at the menu.Why does my Samsung sound bar keep turning itself off? ›
It happens when your Sound bar connected to your display device kept idle for certain period of time. The below mentioned are the situations when your Samsung Sound bar turns off : 1 The Sound bar will turn off automatically if there is no audio signal for 20 minutes in BD/TV/USB/HDMI/ARC/D.IN modes.How do I stop my LG sound bar from turning off? ›
Press and hold AUTO POWER ON button for about 2 seconds to turn on Auto LED Off function (Default : ON). To turn off this function, press and hold AUTO POWER OFF button for 2 Seconds. You can control some functions of this unit by your TV remote control even by other company's product.Why does my LG sound bar randomly turn off? ›
You can reset your LG soundbar by holding the volume down button on the unit alongside the sound effects button on the soundbar remote control. If that doesn't work, unplug the soundbar from the power outlet and plug it back in after a few minutes.