The patch contains various bugfixes and game improvements such as widescreen support, and provides some GUI tweaks. It also enables the use of the FMSel FM loader frontend with Thief 3 and bundles the most important T3 mods. It works with the GOG and Steam versions of the game.
Original game bugs and issues that have been fixed or improved:
- New missions and restarted missions will use your chosen difficulty instead of Normal/Easy
- The City sections are now played on your chosen difficulty instead of always being on Normal
- Frame rate and refresh rate limiting fixes broken lockpicking, ladder climbing and wall flattening
- Some speed-up of level loading, especially with vsync on
- Fix for the desktop being visible during level loading on Vista and up
- The game will no longer crash when binding an analogue controller through the keybinds screen
- Fix for controller axes sometimes being set up reverted
- Fix for a crash that could happen when using the game's multisampling option
- Fix for the mouse freezing or becoming invisible when using large font size settings in Windows
- Fix for the mouse cursor not being captured on Windows 10
- Improved compatibility with Windows 10 by installing the d3d8to9 wrapper DLL from ReShade
- All resolutions reported by the system, plus an optional custom display mode, are available from the options screen. The aspect ratio is shown as well
- In widescreen the horizontal view is extended, instead of cropping off the top and bottom
- The field-of-view can be specified by the user. The setting will work with both the original game and fanmissions, with existing savegames and with missions which use scripted FOV changes. FOV adjustment includes the mechanical eye and bow zoom
- The HUD and menus are shown correctly, regardless of resolution and aspect ratio. In 3-monitor modes, the HUD can be constricted to the center monitor
- The main menu and loading screens are shown correctly, at 4:3 aspect. The proper movies, which are letterboxed, are allowed to crop to fit the monitor (up to 16:9)
- Take screenshots with descriptive file names, and automatically with savegames
- XBox360-type gamepads are working, the triggers are mapped to buttons. Support for up to 16 gamepad buttons using modifiers. Mouse and escape key emulation
- Run the game on a display other than the primary
- Multiple quick saves, quick load the most recent save
As an FM loader, the emphasis is on ease of use and reliability:
- Easy to set up – besides this patch there is nothing to install or configure
- The contents of your game installation folder are never changed. (GarrettLoader has a habit of messing up your installation)
- Works even if the game is installed in Program Files
- Automatically installs custom conversations. (Used in the FM All the World's a Stage)
- Fixes for crash on save and crash on exit in certain FMs, and for the mechanical eye zoom not working in many FMs
- Fix for the in-game loot list showing wrong values and total in certain FMs
- Fix for an original issue which could cause objectives and sounds to start disappearing after some time
- The FMSel supplied with the installer is slightly improved over the NewDark version
- Works with NewDarkLoader and AngelLoader too
Additionally some optional tweaks have been incorporated:
- Mirror and/or scale down the main HUD
- Improved loading screen text: Scale it down, improve formatting
- Minor HUD and GUI tweaks: Remove loading screen tips, mechanical eye overlay, main menu version text, "Nothing" texts, loot percentage, purple fog, 'bouncing arrows', junk item flashing and the lockpicking HUD
- Always show the healthbar
- Turn the short intro movies off, or replace them with the game's trailer
- Alternative background modes for the readable/map and pause screens
- Better mouse response and removed motion blur, adjust mouse sensitivity
- More realistic physics, gravity multiplier
- Scale the difficulty up or down. (Can be set to zero for a 'notarget' cheat)
- Disable auto-raising of the blackjack and dagger
- Reduce or remove headbobbing
- No switch to third person in death
- Classic speed (walk by default, run qualifier) and a speed multiplier
- Decrease or increase the ambient fog or ambient light in any level
- Bright mouse cursor
- Turn down the volume of cutscenes and other videos
- Borderless windowed mode
- End a mission by pressing Shift+Ctrl+Alt+End (see the SU readme for caveats)
All tweaks are disabled by default.
The full edition includes the mods The Minimalist Project, The Collective Texture Pack (a.k.a. John P), "GarrAT" Garrett Animation Tweaks, Thief 3 Gold, Briefing Videos and a small mod providing updated font textures. Please see those threads or the included readme files for more information. The update edition only includes the SU patch and the SneakyTweaker tool. It provides a much smaller download in cases where the mods are unchanged since the last release.
Note: The mods have changed in 1.1.10 so get the full edition unless you have no interest in the mods (and have none currently installed, or intend to remove them during installation).
Current release 1.1.10: Full (mirror) - Update (mirror) - readme - release post
Previous releases can be found here. Please report it if you find that an older version works for you, while the current version doesn't.(Video) SmartTutorial Thief 3 Deadly Shadows - Win10 - Sneaky Upgrade Mod - 1st Mission - Best Stealth Games
A build script for Arch Linux is available, see this post.
- It's recommended to reboot before installation, especially for the full edition
- It's also recommended to disable the virus checker during installation
- Advanced users should consult the list of additional installation options in the readme
- Execute the installer
- Steam users should read Additional notes below
- Run the SneakyTweaker tool for setting up tweaks and mods
After first-time installation the game should start in the current desktop resolution.
The installer will set up a start menu group with shortcuts to the readmes, the options folder, installed FMs folder etc. By default it will also create three icons on your desktop: A yellow glyph icon for the original game, a cyan version for the fan mission selector and a green version for the SneakyTweaker tool.
The patch has its own configuration file, SneakyOptions.ini. Normally this should be changed only through the tweak tool, but for advanced options manual editing is necessary. In that case it can be found through the Sneaky Upgrade start menu group (in Local Folders).
Beginner's quick start guide to playing FMs using the FMSel loader frontend: (To play using GL, just make sure GL is installed before installing the Sneaky Upgrade.)
- Create a folder for downloaded FMs in a neutral location. A subfolder of your Downloads folder will do
- Go to a site which hosts Thief 3 FMs, and download some into that folder
- Start FMSel through the cyan desktop icon.
- A dialog will ask for the FM archive path. Select the folder from above
- The FMSel window will now show the titles of the downloaded FMs. Right-click an entry and select View Info File to see the FM's readme
- To start the mission, click Play FM (or Start FM if you're ready for a full play-through)
- See the FMSel readme for more detailed information
The patch expects an original installation, the original T3UI.ini in particular. Existing tweaks may or may not be compatible.(Video) Thief: Deadly Shadows modded (Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade) Gameplay in 4K
It's not necessary to install the official 1.1 patch before installing the SU.
Steam users should disable updates for the game and refrain from doing game cache validation, because it would remove the patch. Be sure to run the game once prior to installation, otherwise the game's registry values may not be set. As a work-around to get the overlay working, add the patched game as a non-Steam game. (Browse to the Steam install and select the Thief3.exe file.)
If you want to use TDS Tweaker to change frob colour, then you have to get this updated version of Myagi's patcher. Copy it into the T3Tweak folder and rename it MyagiPatcher.exe. It's recommended to use the built-in tweak instead of TDS Tweaker to remove the loot percentage.
If you have existing savegames, and they appear to have gone missing after installing the patch, then chances are that your SaveGamePath registry value is set to a location in your private user folder. (The original default path is in your Documents folder). Such paths are diverted to the public Documents folder for the unpatched game, but not anymore after patching. Either locate the new folder and move your savegames there, or edit your registry to use the old path. Also note that Thief 3 Gold will use a separate folder for savegames, since original saves are not compatible.
There are a few known issues - nothing major, though. There is a list in the readme. Hopefully they will be fixed in a future version.
Tester hall of fame: Estel Randir, Adsk1, Acleacius, Abysmal, fortuni, Maruchin, Linda, noblehelm, Cigam, mensch, AluminumHaste, Depili, Kerrle, decayedmatter, DJ Riff, lowenz, Lolwutman, Corsair, bikerdude, Beleg Cúthalion, Child Of Karras, gnartsch, chrish, Pheonix, PsymH, Hiatus, tolsen64, Xarg, Zaratul, voodoo47, Lord Soth, scavvenjahh, scarcow and TreyM(Video) Thief Deadly Shadows PC Enhanced Upgrade with Resolution Fix Plus ReShade 4
This patch builds on previous fixes and ideas etc. from the following sources: massimilianogoi, tolsen64, Hadley, NotCarolKaye, daremo, Xiaopang, New Horizon, Pheonix, Kerrle, lolwutman, swaaye and UCyborg...
A huge thanks goes to le Corbeau for NewDark and FMSel, to John P, New Horizon, Beleg Cúthalion and mensch for permission to include their mods, and to the FMSel translators: gnartsch (German), Briareos H (French), raven4444 (Polish), DonSleza4e and Glypher (Russian).
Thanks also to clearing, Lord Soth and Esme for file mirrors.
Here's the slightly improved options screen at 16:9 aspect ratio, and an example of the smaller, better looking loading screen text in Thief 3 Gold:
Here's the same scene at various aspect ratios: 4:3, 16:9 and 16:3 (3-monitor) with the HUD on the center monitor:(Video) Thief 3: Deadly Shadow full Walkthrough [PC HD 1080p]
It also works in portrait modes (as 'vert+'), although the HUD looks a little weird:
FOV examples: 80 %, 100 % (default) and 125 %
HUD tweaking examples: Mirrored, scaled to 50 %, scaled to 75 % and mirrored(Video) The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall [Part 26] - So, There's An Unofficial Patch Eh?
How do I fix the resolution in Thief 3 deadly shadows? ›
If you're playing it in Steam, just find the Deadly Shadows folder in Steamapps and go from there. Find the line that says "Resolution=x" and change whatever x is to 1. That should hopefully change your resolution back to the default.What is thief 3 gold? ›
Thief Gold, also known as TG, is the definitive version of Thief: The Dark Project, as it was meant to be since the beginning. This extended edition includes all of the missions from the first release, as well as three new missions adapted to the original storyline, with full voice acting and new graphics.How do I change the mouse sensitivity in Thief deadly shadows? ›
Open the SneakyTweaker and go to Sneaky Upgrade/Tweaks. Change the Mouse Sensitivity Factor to your liking, with 1.0 being the default value. Press Apply and start the game.
no, it doesn't work with windows 10 so far. Mine doesn't say XP SP1 just SP2 and SP3, any thoughts? Try SP2.Why is my resolution stuck at 800x600? ›
If you can't select a resolution larger than 800x600 or 1024x768, your system is likely in Clone mode. In Clone mode, the resolution is set to the largest resolution that all displays support.How do I force a game to resolution? ›
To change the resolution for windows follow these steps.
- Right click the desktop and select “Display settings”
- Scroll down until you see “Advanced display settings” and click on it.
- Select the desired resolution from the drop down box.
S means you did good, nice and Stealth.How do you skip the level of gold in Thief? ›
To automatically got to the end of a level, press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + End.
Garrett is the main character of Thief. He is a 30-something year old man known for his honed skills in pick pocketing and other forms of thieving.What is Tfue mouse sensitivity? ›
Is low mouse better for lighter Sens? ›
On the other hand, you would find better precision and control in FPS game plays if you use a lower DPI setting on a lightweight mouse. For accuracy's sake, a low sensitivity tends to be preferred in FPS games, resulting in more mouse lifting.What is CPI mouse sensitivity? ›
What it is: Counts per inch (CPI) is the number of steps reported by a mouse sensor when moving one inch. CPI can be used interchangeably with the term DPI (dots per inch).Does Windows have anti piracy? ›
Microsoft has developed a variety of forensic and intelligence systems to support our anti- piracy efforts.Can Shadows run Windows 11? ›
Yes, you may upgrade your local machine to Windows 11 and use Shadow. However, we recommend waiting to ensure all issues and bugs are resolved in the new operating system to enjoy Shadow in an optimal setting.Can you play any game on Shadow PC? ›
Shadow supports any game that can run on a Windows 10 PC. As mentioned above, you aren't actually subscribing to a cloud gaming service with Shadow. Rather, you're subscribing to a high-end computer that you have remote access to.Is 800x600 good for gaming? ›
Another key part of why 800x600 is a good res is that your brain don't have to use its resources by identifying and noticing small details such as bottles, cans, pots, plants and other cluster in the game environment.Why won't my screen resolution go any higher? ›
Inaccessible screen resolution settings are usually caused by corrupted or incompatible display drivers. So, you'll need to either update or reinstall the display drivers to tackle this issue.Which is better 800x600 or 1024x768? ›
800x600 is much smoother,faster,better fps :=) Ye its a bit more pixalated but unless you are watching dust pit and that's your only job its much better..How do I manually change the resolution of a game? ›
From your desktop, right-click and select Display Settings. Select the Advanced display settings option at the bottom of the menu. Adjust your screen resolution to 1024 x 768 and click Apply. Try playing your game again.
You can do this for PC games. When playing any pc game, at the title menu press any button to go to the main menu screen. In this section select the options, then select graphics settings. There should be a option to select the screen resolution.
Can you manually change resolution? ›
Click Start, and then click Control Panel. In the Control Panel window, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display. In the Display Properties window, click the Settings tab. Under Screen resolution, click and drag the horizontal slider control to change the screen resolution, and then click Apply.What happened to Garrett's eye? ›
History. Garrett's mechanical eye was given to him by the Hammerites, after his natural eye was plucked out by Viktoria, consort of The Trickster (The Woodsie Lord of the Pagans). The Hammer that gave him the eye was Brother Karras, who went on to leave the Hammerites to form his own splinter group.Is 12000 DPI too much? ›
Best DPI setting
You do want to avoid playing at too high of a DPI, anything past 12000 is likely excessive, but more importantly, some sensors at this DPI accelerate and emulate the dots per inch, causing inconsistencies, it's not a true raw DPI.
Most Used DPI in the Professional Scene
Here is the current ranking in 2021 for professional players: 400 DPI at 53% users. 800 DPI at 37% users. DPI higher than 800 may result in an almost unnoticeable, more fluid movement.
The lower the DPI, the less sensitive the mouse is. This means that if you're working with a higher DPI mouse, even moving your mouse even a little bit will move the cursor a large distance across your screen. The average mouse these days have a DPI of 1600, and gaming mice tend to have 4000 DPI or more.Is 100g heavy for a mouse? ›
Lightweight mouse weight.
|Mouse type||Est. Weight|
|Standard||~80-100g or more|
|Lightweight||~80g or less|
|Ultra light / super light||~70g or less|
The Finalmouse Starlight Pro TenZ edition features another addition to the Starlight series in collaboration with Valorant sensation TenZ. So if you ever wondered what mouse TenZ uses, it's this one.Why do pro FPS players use low Sens? ›
Pros need to use low sensitivity for better weapon spray control and steady aim. But they have sacrifice quick flicks/fast turns. People with high sensitivity can do those fast turns and flicks but sacrifice their own aim.What CPI do pro gamers use? ›
What is CPI? Simply put, CPI is an acronym for Counts Per Inch, and often mislabeled as DPI, or Dots Per Inch. In other words, with a CPI setting of 800, a one-inch movement of your mouse moves your cursor 800 pixels. The vast majority of professional gamers use CPI settings below 3000.What is the best CPI for gaming? ›
For shooting precision in FPS, the recommended DPI for gaming is in the lower scope of 400-800.
Is 1000 DPI mouse good? ›
1000 dpi is way too slow on 1080p monitor, 3500 dpi is decent. Not if you are serious about gaming. Get something that is at least capable of 3500-4000. 2000 is decent but 1000 is office mouse territory.Can you go to jail for anti piracy? ›
Enforcement: Conviction is punishable by a fine not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500), imprisonment in a county jail for a period not exceeding one year, or by both that fine and imprisonment.What software is pirated the most? ›
- Photoshop. The most searched for pirated software is Photoshop, with 49,970 monthly searches. ...
- Microsoft Word. Programs including Microsoft's Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, find themselves within the top ten most pirated software. ...
- Microsoft Office.
You already know that piracy is illegal, but does Microsoft know about your pirated Office apps? Yes, Microsoft knows that you're using a pirated Office copy. Microsoft assigns one IP address for a single installation, so the company detects a cracked version if the same IP address is used for multiple installations.Is Windows 11 a RAM hog? ›
Yes, Windows 11 uses more RAM than earlier versions of Windows. This is because Windows 11 includes a lot of new features and programs that require more memory to run. On average, Windows 11 uses about 4 GB of RAM.Will Windows 11 mess up my games? ›
Microsoft itself confirmed some game performance drops and stuttering in Windows 11's 2022 update.Is Windows 11 a buggy mess? ›
Dear members, I'm facing a lot of problems with windows 11, even after I did a clean install. I had to do clean install as I had some problem with windows Photos and video editor apps.Why is Shadow PC so laggy? ›
If Shadow's resolution settings are not configured correctly, this can cause several issues, including: Lag or low framerate. Poor image quality. Error messages from the Shadow launcher.Does Shadow monitor you? ›
Do you see what I'm doing on my Shadow? Only you have access to your computer, and only you can know what is stored in it. You are the only one who can access your account data. However, our systems monitor the server hardware component usage to control the temperature and energy consumption of the data center.Can I play pirated games on Shadow? ›
Torrenting, Pirating, or Downloading Illegal Content
For security purposes, Shadow cannot discriminate between file sharing and pirating, and as such, any form of torrenting may result in the termination of your account.
How do you fix the resolution in Darksiders 3? ›
Right click on darksiders 3, go to properties, compatability and click change dpi settings at the bottom.How do I fix glitched resolution? ›
- Check for Windows Update Issues.
- Adjust the Resolution.
- Update Display Drivers.
- Tweak App-Specific Settings.
- Adjust DPI Size.
- Change Display Adapter Mode.
juninhoslo: Hi. 1:Run Hitman Config and check Show Blood and Use hardware Transform and Lightnig,you can also check Full Screen,select you resolution....and press Save and Lunch. 2:Go to the settings and play with video,audio settings....... 7:Change resolution to 1920x1080 and change Window 0,to Window 1.Why is resolution locked? ›
Inaccessible screen resolution settings are usually caused by corrupted or incompatible display drivers. So, you'll need to either update or reinstall the display drivers to tackle this issue.How do I fix stuck resolution on 640x480? ›
To resolve this, you must unplug the power cable for the monitor or TV from the outlet/surge protector and then plug it back in. This will force Windows to utilize the generic 1080p driver which will increase the resolution to 1920x1080.Is Darksiders 3 locked at 60 fps? ›
Locked to 62 FPS by default. See High frame rate. Most cutscenes stay locked to 30 FPS.Should I turn on resolution scaling? ›
Resolution scaling is a great option if you're looking to eke out an additional 10-15% performance after tweaking settings. If you're playing at a higher resolution like 4K, and you combine resolution scaling with image sharpening (see here for GeForce and Radeon solutions), the results are often very close to native.How to get 3440x1440 resolution? ›
- Change Screen Resolution on Windows 10.
- Change Screen Resolution on Mac OS.
- Go to System Preferences and click on Displays.
- If Resolution is set to Default for display, click on Scaled, then select the 3440 x 1440 option.
- Should you have any questions, our tech support is. ...
- Or visit us on the web at.
Install your GPU drivers. Once that's done, Windows should detect your native resolution automatically. If for some reason it doesn't, right-click the desktop, and click screen resolution or display settings. There, you should be able to see all the resolutions your screen supports.Why is my screen resolution blurry? ›
A blurry monitor can occur for several reasons such as bad resolution settings, non-matching cable connections or a dirty screen. This can be frustrating if you are unable to read your display properly. Before taking your monitor apart, there are a few items you can troubleshoot to diagnose the heart of the problem.
How do I change the resolution of a game manually? ›
From your desktop, right-click and select Display Settings. Select the Advanced display settings option at the bottom of the menu. Adjust your screen resolution to 1024 x 768 and click Apply. Try playing your game again.
- Locate the EXE file in File Explorer.
- Right-click it, choose Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Click "Change high DPI settings"
- Try the various options there, one of them may work.
By comparison, 4K resolution is 2,160 pixels tall and 3,840 pixels wide (the term 4K is derived from the width – there is also a professional 4K standard that is 4,096 pixels wide). Combined, this equals nearly 8.3 million individual pixels in total, or four times as many pixels as Full HD.How do I force 4K resolution in Windows 10? ›
First, right-click the Windows desktop and choose Display Settings. Set Display Resolution to 3,840 by 2,160 (it should say "Recommended" in parentheses next to it). This will ensure your PC is outputting a 4K signal. Now, launch a game and enter its display settings.